WORKPLACE & EMPLOYMENT
Here at CBD Law, our team of lawyers have a range of experience dealing with workplace and employment matters. Read more below, or get in touch to get started.
Has your employment recently been terminated? Do you think that the dismissal was unjust, harsh or unfair?
Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to make a claim for unfair dismissal. A few common cases are listed below.
- There was no valid reason for terminating your employment.
- You were not notified of the reason for your dismissal.
- You were not given an opportunity to respond to your employer’s stated reasons for dismissal.
- You were unable to have a support present during discussions regarding your dismissal.
- You were not advised of problems with your performance before the dismissal.
If any of the above reasons apply to you, or if you think your dismissal was unfair for any other reason, you may have a case.
The time limit for making an Application for an Unfair Dismissal Remedy is very short. An Application must be lodged with the Fair Work Commission within 21 days from the date of your dismissal and this deadline is strictly enforced.
Most of these applications are settled at the Fair Work teleconference stage and you can recover up to 26 weeks’ worth of wages.
If you think that you may have been unfairly dismissed and need some advice on your rights, get in touch with CBD Law today.
Underpayment of Wages or Workplace Benefits
Do you think you have been underpaid? Are you unsure of your workplace rights?
If you feel that your employer has not been affording you the workplace benefits and rights available within your industry, contact CBD Law for advice on a range of topics including:
- Award wages
- Workplace allowances
- Workplace rights common to all employees
- Workplace discrimination
- Redundancy entitlements
- Termination entitlements